Sunday, July 20, 2008

patram pushpam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati
tad aham bhakty-upahrtam asnami pryatatmanah— The Bhagawad Gita chapter 9: verse 26

Offer me a flower or fruit even a leaf will do
With love in your heart
A handful of flattened rice
Offered to me with loving devotion
Won me over
The unparalleled love with which it is offered

Is the essence
In every sense
Of the offering

Devotion and love
In whatsoever you do
Eat drink walk talk
Do so as an offering unto me
With love

As you would offer a flower unto me
With love

Thus shall you unite in Me
As Me

5 comments:

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

A very nice shloka
just a leaf, a flower
fruit or water
and I add
even empty space
as a total offering
Is just enough!

kitchenette soul said...

Yes indeed!!

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

How beautiful. The tiniest gesture in the name of love can mean everything, especially if it is offered during a difficult time.

Blessings! JJ

kitchenette soul said...

Dear JJ:
Yes indeed!

Anonymous said...

This shloka is not verse 15 but verse 26 of chapter 9 .. please correct it.