Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Lockdown diaries...1

Lockdown diaries

Have been put in my place!
Never thought Existence would show me my place this way
As roads and parks empty
The human footfalls fall silent
In walk in deer to graze in peace
Fish swim freely where once the whir of boats forced them away

A tiny virus invisible slapped us in a way
We are yet to figure out how and why
Drove us all in
Showed a mirror how much
We took for granted
How much we cribbed and ranted
Of things that seem stupid now
When the virus struck all we wanted to was food
While we scampered back to our homes
Forgotten were the grumblings
The “deadlines” turned to real deathlines
Wondering will i escape this death line?


Corona showed me to fold my hands in prayer
To seek help from anywhere .
Hope Existence is kind enough to spare us
Prayer on my lips hope in my heart
Good wishes for all
Good health


No comments: