Tuesday, November 01, 2005

DIWALI
Diwali in a new place
A new town thought I

Used to a large family
Full of fun and frolic

Will be a lonely diwali?
Away from family
Festivals are when you meet
Your own
Celebration is then
A certain happiness
In being a part of the whole

Then came this thought

“Lamps of all colors
One flame in many lamps

The One Divine in many
That burns subtle and deep”

When there are so many lamps around
I still say it is ‘dark’!!

People around me are family too
Should I let them be

So celebrated diwali with in a new town
In a new neighbourhood
In the same style
Just as I did every year

Shared good wishes with sweets
A few new friends made

This year was a happier Diwali
In that I did find a few more
People to share.

1 comment:

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Parvathy: Long time since I got a time to blog hop. I am updating my links. Work is filling my space these days.