Wednesday, November 02, 2005

In the name of God?
What kind of madness is this?
To kill in the name of God!
Is to Kill God himself

Destruction is just that
Whatever be the goal
Spiritual or worldly

God does not require any pleasing
Nor propagation, nor protectors
On his behalf

If this is religion
Then let religion be damned!

Religion is just a means to unite
Not with anything outside
But deep within
To light a spark of eternal luminosity

Of wisdom
Of Love
That all that is
Is just me

An extension of me
Each is precious
As I am

Nothing ‘greater’ nothing ‘smaller’
In the world of the Infinite
The One Divine

4 comments:

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

The word Religion is from Latin Re-Ligare - to bind once again. To remind each one of their source and original being.

kitchenette soul said...

That was enlightening! Thank you. I did not know that but I understand religion to be just that.

Jo said...

Nice poetry. I hope everyone think the same way.

Hope you had a great Diwali. Belated Diwali wishes. :-)

kitchenette soul said...

Dear Jo:
Thank you wish you had a happy Diwali too.