Wednesday, January 18, 2006

DINO
She is a mother like me
Has children just like me
Watch her as she takes care of them

I did pass by her home one day
Just a small trench

She wagged her tail
Jumped on me
And showed me her own
Little ones

Little ones with pink stub noses
Spotless white, cuddly cotton balls they seemed
And tails that flicked this way and that
As they tried to reach to their mother bosom

I looked on with amazement
At the miracle of Creation

My eyes filled with tears at the
Trust the Mother placed in me

As she let me touch and caress them
This gift I shall treasure, ever

For she did treat me as her own
That day I learnt just this
The spirit of motherhood is just one

We are neighbours in this world
To live and Love and share together

4 comments:

Ganesh said...

thats so sweet KS.

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

A cute one!

Matthew May said...

That's great. :)

We are neighbours in this world
To live and Love and share together


Very true indeed. :)

kitchenette soul said...

Thank you all. Unfortunately Dino was taken away by the dog squad, in the name of public sanitation.