Thursday, January 05, 2006

This month a year ago


It been a year since the Tsunami struck. We lived just a couple of kilometers from the beach where the Tsunami struck. Until then the word Tsunami was not commonly known in Chennai, India before.

I just recollect what happened that day. It was a Sunday and to be woken up with the cot shaking was an experience. Earthquakes never did happen in this part of the world. At first I thought I was a little dizzy maybe and thought would just wash my face to properly wake up. Then found the water in the half-filled bucket swaying. The first thought was if this body of water could sway what about the huge one lying just by the side should it sway. And horror of horrors it did sway three hours later.

My book Kitchenette Soul had been printed and the copies neatly stacked at home, awaiting release. I was extremely apprehensive to say the least about the release of the book. I have never written before. When the news of the water coming inland, I thought to myself “Should this book see the light of the day, by Grace it will.” By the magnitude of the disaster we escaped by a hair’s breadth. Not many others were lucky. It’s a blessing to be here communicating with all of you.

The book was released on New Year’s Eve last year in the presence of My Master. It’s truly, truly a blessing to be Here and Now

My Master introduced me to the writer in me. I never knew there was one in me, never ever thought that a book would come out of some spontaneous writings that happened.
Through the book he opened the door to the whole world out there for me, effortlessly from just where I was.

The book introduced me to people I never would have met otherwise. It been a wonderful experience of expanding from where I was to interact and meet so many new people.

Blogging also happened consequently and that expanded my horizons still further. To meet so many great minds, encounter such beautiful thoughts everyday, that spark of a chain of positive thinking in me too. Its truly truly has been wonderful 2005

A time where I celebrated Life.
Tasted success,
Tasted some joys,
Some sorrow
A little anxiety,
shared some pain,
went through pain too,
and then change too
Left my 'own' people and place
To a 'new' place and 'new' people
Find they are mine too

LIFE IS THIS AND THAT
JUST IS

1 comment:

Swahilya Shambhavi said...

nice recollection. love swaha.